Skip to main content

All About Rob

 You asked me to let you know what you need to watch for with Rob.

I really do not like to talk about him, when he is listening.

He gets upset, and then I have to deal with his anger.

I prefer to keep him happy as much as possible, That can be a full-time job in itself.

Since he will be in a familiar place, he will probably be just fine. Changes in his routine can get him agitated, but most of the time he is pretty good.

Most of the time he is quite jolly, can be the "life of the party", which is not who he used to be! LOL

If he does get agitated, he might simply refuse to talk to anyone. I have learned to ignore him when he gets like that, and he usually gets over it.

Other times, he has suddenly stormed out of the house and taken off.

Fortunately I have a Life360 app on my phone, that I can track him, and know where he is. I usually just let him come home when he is ready.

Sometimes, if he gets frustrated about being unable to figure out how to do something he used to be able to do, or find the word he wants to say, he will get mad and yell at me.

I usually try to redirect him, there is no point in arguing or yelling back. It only confuses him.

Rarely, if he gets really frustrated, he will get violent. Not against me so far, but I have gotten hurt when I was in his way. Sometimes he will throw things, like a lawn chair, or break a baby gate.

That hasn't happened in a long while though.

If you are out and about, you may need to watch him if he says inappropriate things. He often asks young girls when they get off work, and I I have to constantly remind him, that he cannot do that!

Again, if you are out and about, you may need to keep an eye on him, as he often wanders off. He usually comes back, he just gets an idea in his head and off he goes.

He makes up stories that are very real to him - i.e. he told me your mother lied about his birth date, that he was not born in February, that the date on his birth certificate was wrong, and the only one that knows is your mom, but she is not telling.

So take anything he says with a grain of salt.

He gets paranoid thoughts - he was convinced someone was going to come with a gun to steal his car. That people were sneaking into our backyard and criticizing how he keeps it. That someone snuck into our house, stole his phone, deleted all his contacts, and then gave the phone back.

Sometimes it's kind of funny, but really I feel sad that he feels so scared.

He sometimes gets confused about the time of the day, and what day or month it is. He will sometimes ask the same question over and over. Even right after you just finished answering him.

Oh, he has stopped flushing the toilet at home, hopefully he will flush at your parents' house.

Keep him busy helping your dad, he loves to help. However, he doesn't stay on task very well, and might need some guidance.

He has forgotten how some things work, and so he might easily cut the grass but might not know how to start the lawnmower.

Oh that's enough, he will probably be just fine, and you will think I am worrying for nothing.

I don't know if you have noticed anything with him yourself, he is usually pretty good at covering up, and most people think he is just fine.

And for the most part, he is...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conversations with Rob

 Rob:  Where's the relish?? Did you forget to buy some? Me: Yes, I bought a bottle, is it not in the fridge? Rob: No, I looked and it's not! Me: Not in the pantry? Rob: No, it's not there! Me: Well, I am sure I bought one. Soon the whole family is hunting everywhere for the relish. So strange, where could it have gone?? Well, I found the relish. It was on the counter, right next to his hotdogs - where HE put it, right before sending us all hunting for the relish!

Rob is furious!

  It's been two weeks since the doctor required Rob to stop driving for a month until they could do further testing. Which also meant he could not work. He is still early stages, and so far, has taken it really well. But then yesterday he was furious with me! I have driven him anywhere he wanted to go. He lost the nose piece on his glasses on Sunday, so I took him to glasses store to get it fixed, but it was already closed. I said I would take him on Monday, but lately I have been getting only 2-3 hours sleep, and by Monday afternoon, I had a blinding headache, I could barely see. He asked if I would take him to the glasses store, I told him about my headache, but that if I felt better after taking some Tylenol - I would take him. I ended up falling asleep, something I never do during the day, and slept past the store closing. I apologized when I woke up and said I would take him the next day. Well, he got up the next day furious at me. When I asked him what was wrong, he said, &q

Rob has left the building

He is angry with me. I am sick today, slept till noon after being awake all night, and feeling wretched. But he needed to go shopping, so I took him. He wanted to go to the Canadian Tire store for new wipers for my truck, as well as groceries.    So I pulled into Canadian Tire first, and he asked why. I said, "I thought you wanted to go here first?" OK whatever, he doesn't care, he says. But I walk in, and the store is packed with Christmas shoppers and the checkout lines are crazy! I feel like I am going to pass out, so I head for the exit, I can't deal with this! He says we don't have to go thru those lines, so I turn back, willing to try his way. But now he is furious and goes storming out! Ok, on to the grocery store. So, he is grumping all through the grocery store, keeping out of my line of vision, so I have to keep turning and look for him. It wore me out even more, and it was a relief to get out of the store. But as soon as we got home, he walked out, sayi